STROKE: Remember The 1st Three Letters… S.T..R …
My friend sent this to me and encouraged me to post it and spread the word. I agree. If everyone can remember something this simple, we could save some folks.
During a party, a friend stumbled and took a little fall - she assured everyone that she was fine and just tripped over a brick because of her new shoes. (they offered to call ambulance)
They got her cleaned up and got her a new plate of food - while she appeared a bit shaken up, Ingrid went about enjoying herself the rest of the evening. Ingrid’s husband called later telling everyone that his wife had been taken to the hospital - (at 6:00pm , Ingrid passed away.)
She had suffered a stroke at the party . Had they known how to identify the signs of a stroke, perhaps Ingrid would be with us today.
Some don’t die. They end up in a helpless, hopeless condition instead. It only takes a minute to read this…
A neurologist says that if he can get to a stroke victim within 3 hours he can totally reverse the effects of a stroke…totally. He said the trick was getting a stroke recognized, diagnosed, and then getting the patient medically cared for within 3 hours, which is tough.
RECOGNIZING A STROKE
Remember the ‘3’ steps, STR . Read and Learn!
Sometimes symptoms of a stroke are difficult to identify. Unfortunately, the lack of awareness spells disaster.
The stroke victim may suffer severe brain damage when people nearby fail to recognize the symptoms of a stroke.
Now doctors say a bystander can recognize a stroke by asking three simple questions :
S * Ask the individual to SMILE ..
T * = TALK. Ask the person to SPEAK A SIMPLE SENTENCE (Coherently) (eg ‘It is sunny out today’).
R * Ask him or her to RAISE BOTH ARMS .
If he or she has trouble with ANY ONE of these tasks, call the ambulance and describe the symptoms to the dispatcher.
NOTE : Another ‘sign’ of a stroke is
1. Ask the person to ‘stick’ out their tongue.
2. If the tongue is ‘crooked’, if it goes to one side or the other that is also an indication of a stroke.
A prominent cardiologist says if everyone who gets this e-mail sends it to 10 people; you can bet that at least one life will be saved.
And it could be your own.
First reblog post that actually saves a fucking life.
This is a life-saving post.
the more you know
yeah don’t think that this can’t happen to you or someone you know if they’re young. my cousin’s wife is 33 and she had a stroke last year
I’ve had a stroke. It happens to people, and the more you know about this kind of stuff, the better.Because it could be important to know.
- goldfirecat likes this
- goldfirecat reblogged this from yaminade-no-zoi
- mega-latias reblogged this from clefairycakes
- brenna-lynn likes this
- mutablekitty reblogged this from likeitwaspainicouldnotshake
- nibber reblogged this from fake-dildo
- hallucinati0nss likes this
- hallucinati0nss reblogged this from likeitwaspainicouldnotshake
- likeitwaspainicouldnotshake reblogged this from clefairycakes
- pixelated-madness reblogged this from memeterprise
- pixelated-madness likes this
- allaboutremembering likes this
- lushifiied likes this
- aannatar likes this
- tbaaag likes this
- didyuseethatshinji likes this
- shiny-shiny-espeon reblogged this from clefairycakes
- clefairycakes reblogged this from enchiridion-boh
- enchiridion-boh reblogged this from nukeyspooky
- enchiridion-boh likes this
- dem0nwh0re reblogged this from nukeyspooky
- jamisjam likes this
- jelicaross likes this
- arondusk reblogged this from memeterprise
- arondusk likes this
- radical-rainbows reblogged this from memeterprise
- radical-rainbows likes this
- nukeyspooky reblogged this from sexylemonstep and added:
- sexylemonstep reblogged this from capslockcaptain
- a-couple-of-master-assassinss likes this
- captainnignig reblogged this from somethingfangirly and added:
- ii-do-what-i-want reblogged this from childstardust
- idiot-god reblogged this from aggressivelytwerkinganderson
- idiot-god likes this
- deanscabbages likes this
- frannybearz likes this
- one-hell-of-a-procrastinator reblogged this from pockyisgoodforthemindandsoul
- ladywinterbloom reblogged this from sproutstudios12
- sproutstudios12 reblogged this from smilephantomhive
- sproutstudios12 likes this
- chaendian reblogged this from scarydory2
- howtobeaheartbreajer reblogged this from fake-dildo
- howtobeaheartbreajer likes this
- motorboatingmotherteresa reblogged this from rninniernouse
- thewellsofsilence likes this
- gowanderer likes this
- dizzyfigs likes this
- frenchfriedfranki reblogged this from michellepopsicle
- d1d2d3d4d5d6 likes this
- corrosiveblood likes this