STROKE: Remember The 1st Three Letters… S.T..R …
My friend sent this to me and encouraged me to post it and spread the word. I agree. If everyone can remember something this simple, we could save some folks.
During a party, a friend stumbled and took a little fall - she assured everyone that she was fine and just tripped over a brick because of her new shoes. (they offered to call ambulance)
They got her cleaned up and got her a new plate of food - while she appeared a bit shaken up, Ingrid went about enjoying herself the rest of the evening. Ingrid’s husband called later telling everyone that his wife had been taken to the hospital - (at 6:00pm , Ingrid passed away.)
She had suffered a stroke at the party . Had they known how to identify the signs of a stroke, perhaps Ingrid would be with us today.
Some don’t die. They end up in a helpless, hopeless condition instead. It only takes a minute to read this…
A neurologist says that if he can get to a stroke victim within 3 hours he can totally reverse the effects of a stroke…totally. He said the trick was getting a stroke recognized, diagnosed, and then getting the patient medically cared for within 3 hours, which is tough.
RECOGNIZING A STROKE
Remember the ‘3’ steps, STR . Read and Learn!
Sometimes symptoms of a stroke are difficult to identify. Unfortunately, the lack of awareness spells disaster.
The stroke victim may suffer severe brain damage when people nearby fail to recognize the symptoms of a stroke.
Now doctors say a bystander can recognize a stroke by asking three simple questions :
S * Ask the individual to SMILE ..
T * = TALK. Ask the person to SPEAK A SIMPLE SENTENCE (Coherently) (eg ‘It is sunny out today’).
R * Ask him or her to RAISE BOTH ARMS .
If he or she has trouble with ANY ONE of these tasks, call the ambulance and describe the symptoms to the dispatcher.
NOTE : Another ‘sign’ of a stroke is
1. Ask the person to ‘stick’ out their tongue.
2. If the tongue is ‘crooked’, if it goes to one side or the other that is also an indication of a stroke.
A prominent cardiologist says if everyone who gets this e-mail sends it to 10 people; you can bet that at least one life will be saved.
And it could be your own.
First reblog post that actually saves a fucking life.
This is a life-saving post.
the more you know
yeah don’t think that this can’t happen to you or someone you know if they’re young. my cousin’s wife is 33 and she had a stroke last year
I’ve had a stroke. It happens to people, and the more you know about this kind of stuff, the better.Because it could be important to know.
- 3lawii likes this
- mehay1 reblogged this from mirainawen
- mehay1 likes this
- mr2010 reblogged this from me0-me0
- swamprockbarbie reblogged this from mirainawen
- noura7777 reblogged this from maitha2-mo7ammed
- adeutschmann reblogged this from thosefouraustralians
- mirainawen reblogged this from ioannemos
- arwa121233alaami likes this
- 3ziz62 likes this
- avocate-fajr reblogged this from puresoul246
- rubaalswailim reblogged this from wejdanalhaid
- mad-guitar3 likes this
- puresoul246 reblogged this from freedom-73
- freedom-73 reblogged this from thekrrra
- freedom-73 likes this
- 20lamsat likes this
- hayatalkoon reblogged this from unique-gairl
- hano-100 likes this
- hano-100 reblogged this from unique-gairl
- wejdanalhaid reblogged this from thekrrra
- wejdanalhaid likes this
- unique-gairl reblogged this from thekrrra
- unique-gairl likes this
- withtulip likes this
- maitha2-mo7ammed reblogged this from thekrrra
- noura7777 likes this
- khawlahali likes this
- sarakhaled1996 likes this
- aisha-alaidaros reblogged this from thekrrra
- homeless-and-hopeless likes this
- me0-me0 reblogged this from thekrrra
- me0-me0 likes this
- thekrrra reblogged this from 3lloo
- thekrrra likes this
- urlbyanyothername reblogged this from dip-spoon
- anxiousdragon likes this
- anxiousdragon reblogged this from icarly-official
- unknown-errors likes this
- tama-coochi likes this
- un-necessarythinking likes this
- runnawy reblogged this from djsmith1990
- hayleylauterbach reblogged this from thekrakenhasbeenunleashed
- djsmith1990 reblogged this from thekrakenhasbeenunleashed
- helgathehufflepuff reblogged this from thekrakenhasbeenunleashed
- luvinthecurves likes this
- drmstx reblogged this from thekrakenhasbeenunleashed
- kokonutbuns reblogged this from blowmydandelion
- thekrakenhasbeenunleashed reblogged this from bechloeandplaid
- itsthatcharacter reblogged this from bechloeandplaid